THE talkSPORT PREDICTOR GAME - I KNOW THE SCORE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By registering to participate in the I Know the Score game governed by these terms
and conditions and the Game Rules (as defined below) ("the Game") you hereby agree
to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Applications and Registration
1. All applications to participate in the Game must be made online on the talkSPORT website at www.talksport.co.uk ("the Site") and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a "Player" in the terms below.
2. Entry into the Game is open to both UK and non-UK residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of UTV are eligible to enter but ineligible to claim prizes in instances where UTV employees or their family members are in a prize winning position, the player with the next highest number of points will be deemed to be the official winner. Please see terms 28-31 if you are under 18 years of age, as these are extra terms which will apply to you when playing the Game.
3. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game. The sole consideration required from you is that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Game Rules as defined below at clause 9.
4. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by talkSPORT for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of talkSPORT shall be final).
5. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation only one entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Site is permitted (concerning which the decision of talkSPORT shall be final).
6. While there is no closing date for entries, talkSPORT will publish from time to time deadlines by which you must be registered as Players in order to qualify for points awarded in respect of any round of games in the Barclays Premier League competition. Any such information on how and when to enter for the Game forms part of these terms and conditions.
7. talkSPORT reserves the right to reject user names which are deemed to be inappropriate, offensive or confusing. Any names so rejected may be changed and notified to talkSPORT within seven days. In the event that the alternative name proposed on behalf of any applicant to play the Game in such circumstances is again rejected at talkSPORT's discretion the relevant applicant will be treated as being in breach of these terms and conditions.
The Game Rules
9. The Game will be governed by the Game Rules from time to time published on the Site by talkSPORT ("Game Rules"). talkSPORT reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to talkSPORT as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
10. talkSPORT will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. talkSPORT will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Prizes and Winner's Details
11. The prizes awarded in respect of the Game ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of talkSPORT from time to time and talkSPORT reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
12. The Monthly Prize will be awarded to the Player who, according to talkSPORT's determination, is at the top of the monthly leaderboard published by talkSPORT at the end of each monthly period during the season. The exact timing of this is at the discretion of talkSPORT. Subject to any unforeseen changes, the August Winner's Prize will be a stunning and rare Beady Eye signed artwork running sheet, signed by Liam Gallagher, Andy Bell, Gem Archer and Chris Sharrock. Subsequent months prizes will be announced on the 15th of proceeding month and will include more amazing music memorabilia from legends such as Kasabian and Noel Gallagher all monthly winners will also receive an iPad 2.
13. Weekly winners will receive the Shoot Music Goody Bag Featuring top albums, rare promos and other rare treats.
14. The precise specification and nature of all prizes shall be at the discretion of talkSPORT.
15. If more than one player is at the top of the weekly or monthly leaderboard, then the winner will be chosen at random by a computer-generated, independent process. talkSPORT's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
17. Winners will be notified of their success by email in respect of the Monthly Prizes by the 28th day of the month following the month in respect of which such Prize is awarded. Winners must confirm their contact details within 30 days of this notification being sent to allow the Prize in question to be delivered to them. In the event that a winner fails to confirm their contact details or cannot be contacted then the prize will be allocated to the player who, according to talkSPORT's determination, was the next best placed player on the monthly leaderboard for that month.
18. Winner's names can be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to I Know the Score, talkSPORT, 18 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ. Subject always to terms 28-30 below, Players' names and addresses and the winners' photographic images and their comments relating to any Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of talkSPORT in any and all its media outlets worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid.
19. If you are under 18, then the above Prizes information will apply differently to you should you win a Prize. Please see terms 28-31 below.
20. Through the Game, talkSPORT is seeking to facilitate a self-moderated discussion group and message board facility for football fans. talkSPORT does not pre-screen any content posted or disseminated through the message boards.
21. Because the message boards are self-moderated, you should understand that when using the Game, you might come across some content which you find offensive or objectionable. If you do come across such content then you are free to register a complaint in relation to this. You should note that the views expressed on message boards are the views of the individual concerned, which may be different to those of talkSPORT.
22. If you post any message on a message board then you are confirming that:
If you wish to restrict the use of any message, then you are advised not to submit it.
the message includes nothing which would be a breach of these terms;
the message is non-confidential and non-proprietary and that talkSPORT may make use of that message in any way it sees fit and without acknowledgement; and
users of the message board may access the message on terms similar to these.
23. You are entirely responsible for any messages which you post. You shall be entirely responsible for any losses which talkSPORT, or any other users may suffer as a result of any messages you post, or otherwise as a result of your use of the Game.
24. Generally, you must ensure that you only use the message boards in order to post messages which are (in the reasonable opinion of talkSPORT) legal, decent, proper and relevant.
25. By way of example, and without limiting your obligation under section 23, you must ensure that you:
Please note that talkSPORT will seek to use these terms to prohibit all such behaviour. However, talkSPORT cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to such behaviour. If you should encounter it, please feel free to make a complaint accordingly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
comply with any instructions from I Know The Score;
do not defame, threaten, harass, abuse, or otherwise violate the rights of others (whether
they are users of I Know The Score or not);
do not post messages which are unlawful, defamatory, obscene, objectionable, or
do not bring talkSPORT or the game of football into disrepute;
do not promote or provide unlawful instructions to others;
post any messages which could interfere with the intellectual property rights or confidential
information of others;
do not post messages containing commercial messages or advertising;
do not impersonate anyone else;
do not use the message boards to harvest personal information about others
do not contain personal information of others in any messages, unless that use is lawful, or
you have their consent;
do not transmit any viruses or other harmful code.
26. talkSPORT advises that you exercise caution in revealing any personal information about yourself on any message boards.
27. talkSPORT reserves the right at any time and for any reason to:
temporarily or permanently suspend your access to the message boards;
delete any of your messages;
require any of your future messages to be pre-vetted; or
take any other action against your account as it sees fit.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age
28. If you are under 18 years of age then you are welcome to enter the Game, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also do so, before submitting your application.
29. You will be eligible to win the Monthly Prizes provided:
that they do not contain cash, and they will in no circumstances be substituted for cash; and
we receive a note of written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that they were happy
for you to play the Game and to receive the Prize
30. If you do win a Prize, and if talkSPORT wishes to use any comments, details, or photographs of you, then they will always seek the express written consent of your parent or guardian before doing so.
31. If when using the message boards you feel at any time harassed, distressed, or bullied by
any of the messages, please immediately email email@example.com and also inform your
parent or guardian.
Responsibility and Remedies
32. The extent of talkSPORT's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
the Game is provided to you free of charge;
message boards are not checked or verified by talkSPORT;
you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game and the
you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date
virus checking software.
33. While talkSPORT will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, talkSPORT will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
34. talkSPORT cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Game:
loss which was not foreseeable to you and talkSPORT when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from talkSPORT's failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of talkSPORT's default);
loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
any loss which you may suffer as a result of, or in connection with, or arising out of any Prize.
34. Nothing in these terms will limit talkSPORT's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
36. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
37. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions talkSPORT reserves the right to:
If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name. Any such decision by talkSPORT shall be final.
take any action described in clause 25 above;
refuse entry to the Game;
disqualify you from the Game;
require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
38. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then
the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
39. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of
England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of
England and Wales.
Promoter: talkSPORT, 18 Hatfields, London, SE1 8DJ.